Monday, January 25, 2010

OF GOODBYES AND MOVING ON 01/26/2010

“I have this theory that the more important and intimate the emotion, the fewer the words are required to express it. For instance, in dating, “Will you go out with me?” Six words. “I think I care for you.” Five words. “You matter to me.” Four words. “I love you.” Three words. “Marry me.” Two words. So what’s left? What’s the most important and intimate word you can ever say to somebody? It’s “goodbye.” ~ J. Michael Straczynski

“Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.” — Richard Bach

“Because sometimes it’s easier to say, “I hate you,” than “I miss you, I wish we didn’t fight; I wish you would call me sometimes.” Because sometimes, it’s easier to think, screw life, screw work, screw everything, than admit that you’re overwhelmed and feel like you’re drowning. Because sometimes, it’s easier to admit the simple things than say the hard things and realize how much you’ve been struggling and how much you feel as if life has gone out of your control.”

“It’s okay. It’s okay to want someone you can’t have. It’s okay to want something more. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt, and it’s okay to stay mad at someone who hurt you. Believe it or not, it’s always going to be okay. That’s just how it works. Sometimes things don’t work out how you want them to, and most of the time, it seems like they never will. But eventually, everything is going to iron out some way or another. You just have to believe, keep your faith, and move on.”

“I love you. don’t you see? Don’t you understand? You’re the love of my life. I can’t leave you. But you’re constantly leaving me. You walk away when you want, you come back when you want. You stand by everyone, but you leave me. So I’m asking you, if you don’t see a future for us, if you’re not in this, please. Just end it because I can’t.” — Grey’s Anatomy

Sorry that we've taken for granted the love we shared; Sorry for the waiting, Sorry to waste your time, Sorry if I'm not worth it, you don't have to me mine; Sorry for mistaking something I thought was true, Sorry if you don't understand why I do what I do; Sorry for my feelings as if they're not enough, Sorry if we can't work through all this stuff; Sorry if I'm cramping your lifestyle or getting in your way, Sorry if I don't say the things you want me to say; Sorry if I don't measure up to what you want me to be, Sorry I can't be enough to make you just want me; Sorry for apologizing, but I don't know what else to do, Sorry if my dreams only consist of me and you; Sorry I ever met you, Sorry I'm not enough for you, I'm Sorry, I love you the way I do.

“Some people can just move on, you know. They mourn and cry and then they’re done with it or at least appear to be. But to me, I don’t know. I didn’t want to fix it; I didn’t want to forget it. It wasn’t something that was broken, it was just something that happened. And I’m finding ways, everyday, of working around it. I’m respecting and remembering it, but I’m getting along with my life at the same time.”

“I won’t fight to stay when all you want for me to do is leave. I’m not gonna miss you when you don’t miss me. I’m not gonna care when you don’t at all. I’m just not going to try anymore. You’ve kept my hopes up for much too long; it’s about time they come crashing back down to earth. It’s time I start thinking about myself again and not you. It’s time I be strong. It’s time I let you go. It’s about time I be happy. It’s about time I leave you alone.”

“No matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, there are some things we can never assign to oblivion, memories we can never rub away. They remain with us forever, like a touchstone.” — Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami

“Nothing is certain anymore. I don’t know what in the world is the right thing to do, and so I’m stuck here in a place I don’t want to be. I don’t want to sit back and watch you be fine without me. I don’t want to cry and carry on like I have been doing for the past weeks. I just want not to want you anymore. I want to, hell I need to, just move on.”

This is the acceptance speech. The end of anger and denial. I accept that you and I will never be the same again. That while those days will live in my mind forever, they're over. I hate it. But I accept it. And I'm moving on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment