Wednesday, February 03, 2010

WORDS ON MOVING ON - 02-03-2010

“Letting go of things is a conscious decision. Holding on to things is too. We tell ourselves we might need these things- however, it’s not really about the things… They are the things that keep us from taking risks in life that will bring us true happiness and peace” — Barb Rogers

“When you lose somebody, you think you’ve lost the whole world as well. But that’s not the way things turn out in the end. Eventually, you pick yourself up and look out the window and once you do, you see everything that was there before the world ended is out there, still. There are the same apple trees, and the same song birds. And over our heads, the same very sky that shines like heaven. So far above us, that we can never hope to reach such heights. Too many people grow up. That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don’t remember what it’s like to be twelve years old. They patrionize, they treat children as inferiors. Well, I won’t do that.” — Walt Disney

“Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.” — Louise Erdrich

“It’s okay. It’s okay to want someone you can’t have. It’s okay to want something more. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt, and it’s okay to stay mad at someone who hurt you. Believe it or not, it’s always going to be okay. That’s just how it works. Sometimes things don’t work out how you want them to, and most of the time, it seems like they never will. But eventually, everything is going to iron out some way or another. You just have to believe, keep your faith, and move on.”

“One more year’s come and gone, and nothing’s changed at all. Wasn’t I supposed to be someone who can face the things that I’ve been running from? Let me feel, I don’t care if I breakdown. Let me fall, even if I hit the ground, and if I cry a little, die a little, at least I know I lived, just a little. I’ve become much too good at being invincible, I’m an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool. But I swear this isn’t who I’m meant to be. I refuse to let my life roll all over me.” — Bethany Joy Galeotti


“I can’t decide if I want to forget you and move on, or keep holding on. It’s not really my choice anyway, but even if it was, I couldn’t decide. And I don’t know if I want to see you or not. I don’t know what’s worse; not seeing you and missing you, or seeing you and just feeling worse for not being able to be close to you. My eyes search for you, always. The only problem is, once I find you, I can’t do anything. I’m paralyzed. Being so close, yet so far, it’s unbearable. You’re always just out of reach. I wonder why my heart won’t let go of something so impossible?”

So fail. Be bad at things. Be embarrassed. Be afraid. Be vulnerable. Go out on a limb or two or twelve, & you will fall & it’ll hurt. But the harder you fall, the farther you will rise. The louder you fail, the clearer your future becomes. Failure is a gift, welcome it. There are people who spend their whole lives wondering how they became the people they became, how certain chances passed them by, why they didn’t take the road less traveled Those people aren’t you. You have front row seats to your own transformation, & in transforming yourself, you might even transform the world. & it will be electric, & I promise you it will be terrifying. Embrace that; embrace the new person you’re becoming. This is your moment. I promise you, it is now, now, not two minutes from now, not tomorrow, but really now. Own that; know that deep in your bones. & go to sleep every night knowing that, wake up every morning remembering that. & then keep going.

“But I did meet her; that’s the thing that makes my current life so strange. I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart. Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can’t believe that ours didn’t go on forever.” — John (Dear John)

get over him. he’s not even worth it. he isn’t worth your time or tears. yeah, you might have loved him, and i know that. and i know you can’t see yourself with anyone other than him. i get that. i’ve been there. but why should you spend all your time sitting at home, all alone, wondering where he is, and who he’s with? do you honestly think he is thinking about you? no. sure, it hurts; the fact that he is out there falling in and out of love with other girls. yeah, you will see him with another girl. prepare yourself, because it will hurt. he will hold her a little close and squeeze her hand a little tighter just because he knows you’re watching. he knows it’s killing you, and that is why he will do it. don’t let him get to you, because that is exactly what he wants. don’t give him what he wants, he doesn’t deserve it. give it time. he will be sorry, trust me. when he finally sees you with some other guy, who isn’t him, with a perfect smile on your face, he will realize the mistake he made in letting you go, when he chose her over you, when he decided he just didn’t love you the same. trust me, he’ll be sorry. don’t spend your nights waiting for that phone call that you know you won’t get. when he walks past you, he will look past you, pretend he doesn’t see you. i’m not gonna lie to you, it will hurt. it will hurt…a lot. but you know what you’re gonna do? you are going to hold your head up. you will show him you’re better than him, and you don’t need him in your life, that you never really needed him anyway. and the day you finally feel that, you’ll realise why things never worked out.

1 comment:

  1. All trials are not the reason to give up But a challenge to improve ourselves. Our pain is not an excuse to back out But an inspiration to move on.

    ReplyDelete