Friday, March 04, 2011

THE MAN WITH 39 WIVES AND STILL LOOKING FOR MORE


The first time i saw this family picture of a man who has 39 wives, 94 children, 14 daughters-in-law and 33 grandchildren first thing I did was to search more information about it. I found out that he is Ziona Chana, a leader of a religious group that permits men to have many wives. He considered himself as a lucky man to be the husband of 39 women and head of the world's largest family. They live in a four storey mansion with 100 Rooms in the Indian state of Mizoram, in the hills of Baktwang village.

I also saw this statement to one of his wives. She is Rinkmini who is 35 years old, said: “We stay around him as he is the most important person in the house. He is the most handsome person in the village”. My question is: can a woman really stay with this kind of situation wherein you would have to share your own husband with another woman. I also found out that they have their own schedule in seeing and visiting their husband Mr. Chana. He keeps his youngest woman near to his bedroom and his older wives stay further away in his room.


Good to know that inspite of having 39 wives, Mr. Chana still managed to put everything in order. Zathiangi, the oldest wife designate the entire household task to her fellow wives such as cleaning, washing and cooking meals. In one meal they serve 30 chickens, peel 132lb of potatoes and boil up to 220lb of rice.

If only I could meet and talk to Mr. Chana I would ask a lot of things about his family. On how he really managed his 39 wives especially his 94 children. I was amazed with the way he disciplined his family, the love and respect of each member of the family is there. Honestly, until now I can’t imagine their situation but that’s life as long as they love each other and they accept Mr. Chana’s love we can’t do anything about it.

(check mail online for more information and images)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Isn't one wife enough? I can't imagine sharing a husband with 38 other women. What on earth does a man need 39 wives for? In my opinion, this makes no sense to me. Major headache...lol

    ReplyDelete